Marijuana Margaritas DRINKS
Four fresh limes
Jar of honey
Several cups of ice cubes
Your newly infused medicated tequila
Salt, preferably sea salt (optional)
How To Make Infused Tequila
- Fill a mason jar with plant matter, and pour in enough tequila to cover the plant matter thoroughly.
- Replace the lid, making sure it is screwed on tightly. Shake the jar vigorously, making sure the alcohol is evenly distributed throughout all of the plant matter.
- Place the jar in a cool, dark place for anywhere from one to three weeks. If the alcohol solution is needed as soon as possible, place the jar near something warm, such as a heater or on top of a refrigerator, to speed up the process. If you are leaving the jar for a longer period of time, check on it periodically to shake it and make sure everything in the mixture is evenly distributed.
- After you’ve left the solution for as long as is necessary, strain the liquid from the botanical features. The result should be a fully infused tequila with a golden hue.
- Place 1-2 cups of ice cubes in blender.
- Scrape 4-8 tablespoons of honey (warming the honey slightly in the microwave can make it easier to pour and distribute) into the blender along with the ice.
- Squeeze 2-3 large limes for their juice, and add the resulting juice to the mixture in the blender.
- Free-pour in the alcohol to reach the level of strength you desire in your margarita. Blend sufficiently until smooth. Chill margarita glasses while mixing. Once they are chilled, remove from refrigerator and begin to garnish.
- Dampen and dip the rims in salt if a salted rim is desired. Slice the fourth lime into thin half-slices, and put a small notch in the flesh of each slice so that it can be easily slipped over the rim of the glass.
- Distribute margarita mixture into glasses and grate a small amount of lime zest over the top of each portion. Enjoy while they are still frosty!
This recipe first appeared in Original Weed Recipes.